Walk In Tub Maintenance
MAINTENANCE : CLEANING & CARE
In order to maintain your bathing unit and keep it working in proper order regular care and general maintenance is required. Maintenance care is needed to keep each component clean and working at an optimal level. Maintenance care should be performed on the bathing unit, internal water carrying pipe system and jets.
In order to enjoy the beauty and quality of your bathing unit, please follow these simple guidelines.
- Do not use powdered cleaners. Solid substances can block air jets
- Do not use abrasive cleansers or solvents. Abrasive cleansers and solvents can damage the surface of the bathing unit.
- Avoid detergents, disinfectants, or cleaning products in aerosol cans.
- Do not use steel wool, wire brushes, or other abrasive materials to clean bathing unit.
- Wipe out bathing unit with soft cloth after each use.
- Never use oil or oil based bath additives.
- Maintaining air jets – If cleaning air jets is required due to hard water deposits, use a small dental brush with vinegar. Dip the brush into vinegar, brush the hole, rinse brush in clean water, then use the wet rinsed brush to rinse the holes. Fill the bathing unit with water over the top row of air jets. Drain the bathing unit and turn on the air jets only to flush.
- Regular cleaning – after using the bathing unit, rinse all surfaces with the shower wand and warm water. On a weekly basis, wash all surfaces of the bathing unit with a mild solution of gel coat friendly cleaner. Purge and clean the entire system once a month. Use automatic dishwashing soap and a cup of bleach to get rid of body oils and soap residue which can add to bacterial growth within the system. Fill the bathing unit up with warm water to just above the highest whirlpool jet. Use a spoonful of automatic dish washing soap and a cup of bleach. Turn the system on for 15 minutes, then drain the bathing unit. Next, fill the bathing unit again with warm water and run for another 15 minutes to rinse out plumbing. Use the shower wand to rinse out the bathing unit and then wipe down with a soft clean cloth.
- After each use, take a soft cloth and wipe the soap residue off door seal to prevent leakage (soap residue buildup on door seal could cause a drip).
- Restore dull or scratched finish by applying white automotive polishing compound with a clean cloth. Rub scratches and dull areas vigorously. Wipe off residue.
Mineral deposits may have a staining effect on the unit’s finished surface. Clean the bathing unit’s surfaces and fixtures on a regular basis.
CAUTION: DO NOT WAX AREAS YOU STAND, SIT OR WALK ON. DO NOT COVER THE HEATED SEAT AREA WITH TOWELS, BLANKETS, OR ANY OTHER ITEMS AS SEAT MAY BECOME EXCESSIVELY HOT